Step 6: Test your application
Test the application to ensure you get the results you expect
Estimated time to complete Step 6 and finish tutorial: 10 minutes.
Before testing your application, ensure that:
- Tenant dev01 is selected in the Tenant list box, at the top of the DuploCloud Portal.
Display the web page that the application creates:
- 1.In the DuploCloud Portal, navigate to DevOps -> Containers -> AKS / Native.
- 2.Click the K8S Ingress tab.
- 3.Select the VIEWWEBSITE Ingress from the Name column.
- 4.Click the Configuration tab.
- 5.In the Application Gateway IP card, copy the displayed IP address to your clipboard. In this example, the IP address is 18.104.22.168.
- 6.Open a web browser and paste the copied IP address in your browser's URL field.
- 7.Press Enter. Your application runs and your web page renders as shown below. Congratulations! You just launched your first web service with Azure on DuploCloud!
Welcome to nginx! web page
In this tutorial, your objective was to create a cloud environment to deploy an application for testing purposes, and to understand how the various components of DuploCloud work together.
In the previous steps, you:
- Created a Load Balancer Listener and a Kubernetes Node Port to expose your application via ports and backend network configurations. You enabled an Azure application gateway and created a Kubernetes Ingress to communicate with the node port and the AKS-enabled Kubernetes cluster in the Infrastructure.
In this tutorial, you created many artifacts for testing purposes. When you are ready, clean them up so that another person can run this tutorial from the start, using the same names for Infrastructure and Tenant.
- 1.To delete the dev01 tenant follow these instructions and then return to this page. As you learned, the Tenant segregates all work in one isolated environment, so deleting the Tenant that you created cleans up most of your artifacts.
- 2.Finish by deleting the NONPROD Infrastructure. In the DuploCloud Portal, navigate to Administrator -> Infrastructure. Click the Action menu icon () for the NONPROD row and select Delete.
The NONPROD Infrastructure is deleted and you have completed the clean-up of your test environment.
Thanks for completing this tutorial and proceed to the next section to learn more about using DuploCloud with Microsoft Azure.