Infrastructure (VPC) and Plan (configuration)
How Infrastructures and Plans work together to create a VPC
Infrastructures are abstractions that allow you to create a Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) instance in the DuploCloud Portal. When you create an Infrastructure, a Plan is automatically generated to supply the network configuration necessary for your Infrastructure to run.
When you create a DuploCloud Infrastructure, you create an isolated environment that maps to a Kubernetes cluster.
Create a DuploCloud Infrastructure in the DuploCloud Portal:
- 1.Select Administrator -> Infrastructure from the navigation menu.
- 2.Click Add.
- 3.Define the Infrastructure by completing the fields on the Add Infrastructure form.
- 4.Select Enable EKS to enable EKS for the Infrastructure, or select Enable ECS Cluster to enable an ECS Cluster during Infrastructure creation.
- 6.Click Create. The Infrastructure is created and is listed on the Infrastructure page.
AWS Add Infrastructure page with highlighted Enable EKS and Enable ECS Cluster options
When you create the Infrastructure, DuploCloud creates the following components:
- VPC with 2 subnets (private, public) in each availability zone
- Required security groups
- NAT Gateway
- Internet Gateway
- Route tables
DuploCloud Plan Details
Up to one instance (0 or 1) of an EKS or ECS is supported for each DuploCloud Infrastructure.