Step 4: Create a Service
Create a DuploCloud Service for application deployment
With all of the core components of your Duplocloud platform configured, enabled, and running, you're ready to deploy applications with Azure, using AKG and Kubernetes.
In order to deploy applications, you must first create a DuploCloud Service to connect to the Docker containers and images where your application code exists. Once you create a service from the DuploCloud Portal, you can also perform tasks that you might perform when working with a Kubernetes service. For example, you can view container logs, container state, and container shell, as well as get access to
kubectl, which allows you to work directly with Kubernetes constructs such as Pods.
In this step, we create a service to connect a Docker container image with code that displays text on a web page. The Docker container and image name is nginx:latest. nginx is the image name and :latest indicates that the latest version of that image will be used.
Estimated time to complete Step 4: 15 minutes.
Before creating your DuploCloud Service, ensure that:
- All previous steps in this tutorial to create an Infrastructure and Plan, Tenant, Host, and Azure Agent Pool are complete.
- Tenant DEV01 is selected in the Tenant list box, at the top of the DuploCloud Portal.
Tenant list box with Tenant DEV01 selected
- 1.In the DuploCloud Portal, navigate to DevOps -> Containers -> AKS/Native.
- 2.Click Add. The Add Service page displays.Add Service page to add nginx-service
- 3.In the Service Name field, enter nginx-service.
- 4.Specify the Docker image that you use to run the application. In the Docker Image field, enter nginx:latest.
- 5.Click Next, accepting all other defaults. The Advanced Options page displays.
- 6.Scroll down if needed and click Create.
After a few minutes, the Service initializes and starts up. Shortly afterward, you can see the service and the containers running.
nginx-service page with service RUNNING (1/1)