Infrastructure (VPC) and Plan (configuration)
How Infrastructures and Plans work together to create a VPC
Infrastructures are abstractions that allow you to create a Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) instance in the DuploCloud Portal. When you create an Infrastructure, a Plan is automatically generated to supply the network configuration necessary for your Infrastructure to run.
DuploCloud creates a VNET with a default subnet and a default Network Security Group (NSG). The creation of an Infrastructure takes about ten (10) minutes.
When you create a DuploCloud Infrastructure, you create an isolated environment that maps to a Kubernetes cluster.
In DuploCloud, an Infrastructure maps one-to-one to a VPC in a specified region. It also maps to an Azure Managed Kubernetes Service cluster that you use for container orchestration.
When creating an Infrastructure, you specify the number of availability zones, the region, VPC Classless Inter-Domain Routing (CIDR), and a subnet mask. DuploCloud creates two subnets in each availability zone, one private and one public, and sets up routes and a NAT gateway.
Create a DuploCloud Infrastructure in the DuploCloud Portal:
- 1.Select Administrator -> Infrastructure from the navigation menu.
- 2.Click Add.
- 3.Define the Infrastructure by completing the fields on the Add Infrastructure form.
- 4.Select Enable EKS to enable EKS for the Infrastructure.
- 5.Optionally, select Advanced Options to specify additional configurations (public and private subnets, for example).
- 6.Click Create. The Infrastructure is created and is listed on the Infrastructure page.
Azure Add Infrastructure page
Up to one instance (0 or 1) of an AKS is supported for each DuploCloud Infrastructure.
When you create the Infrastructure, DuploCloud creates the following components:
- VPC with 2 subnets (private, public) in each availability zone
- Required security groups
- NAT Gateway
- Internet Gateway
- Route tables
DuploCloud Plan Details for Infrastructure