Deploy a DuploCloud Portal in AWS
Deploy a DuploCloud management portal with Amazon Web Services
Use this procedure to create an initial DuploCloud Portal deployment using AWS.
Before you begin to create your deployment:
You use CloudFormation to create an initial deployment.
- 1.Navigate to Services and select CloudFormation.
- 2.Select Create stack - with new
- 3.In the Prerequisite - Prepare template section, select Template is ready.
- 4.In the Specify template section, select Amazon S3 URL as the template source.
- 5.Copy and paste https://duplo-setup-resources.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/duplo-root-stack.json into the Amazon S3 URL field.
- 6.Click Create.
After creating the stack, an EC2 instance is initiated in the AWS account using the associated AMI. The following table lists available AMIs based on the region that you target for the deployment:
AMI ID Value
In the Specify Stack Details screen, set the following stack parameters:
- Stack Name:
SetupUrl: The URL you plan to use for your environment. For example:
DUPLODNSPRFX: Use the format
DefaultAdmin: Your email address, as the first Administrative User.
When you have specified all stack parameters, click Next to specify stack failure options.
In the Stack Failure Options screen, set stack failure options.
- 1.Select Preserve successfully provisioned resources.
- 2.Click Next.
You are ready to create the stack.
After you have specified all parameters and options, create the stack.
- 1.In the Review page, verify the settings you entered for stack creation.
- 2.In the Capabilities dialog, select both Acknowledgments checkboxes.
- 3.Click Next to execute and create the stack.
Creating the stack takes between 10 to 15 minutes. Your CloudFormation Stack output is generated. You will need values from this output to create your deployment.
While the stack is launching, take time to subscribe to the OpenVPN Access Server AWS Marketplace offering to be aware of all important news and communications.
To set up DNS entries for your DuploCloud deployment, you must collect these values from the generated CloudFormation Stack output.
Navigate to your DNS provider account where [
is managed and do the following.
- 2.Add a
CNAMErecord for Value, using the value of
AuthELBDNS, which you previously collected from the generated CloudFormation Stack output.
- 4.Add an
NSrecord for Value, using the value of the nameservers collected by
AppDnsNameServersfrom the generated CloudFormation Stack output.
Contact DuploCloud Support to enable Single Sign-On (SSO) for your deployment using Google SSO or Microsoft Account Login.
Navigate to the DuploCloud Portal URL in your browser and confirm you can authenticate. If you have problems, contact DuploCloud Support.