Infrastructure (VPC) and Plan (configuration)
How Infrastructures and Plans work together to create a VPC
Infrastructures are abstractions that allow you to create a Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) instance in the DuploCloud Portal. When you create an Infrastructure, a Plan is automatically generated to supply the network configuration necessary for your Infrastructure to run.
DuploCloud creates a VNET with a default subnet and a default Network Security Group (NSG). The creation of an Infrastructure takes about ten (10) minutes.
When you create a DuploCloud Infrastructure, you create an isolated environment that maps to a Kubernetes cluster.
When creating an Infrastructure, specify the number of availability zones, the region, VPC Classless Inter-Domain Routing (CIDR), and a subnet mask. DuploCloud creates two subnets in each availability zone, one private and one public, and sets up routes and a NAT gateway.
Create a DuploCloud Infrastructure in the DuploCloud Portal:
- 1.Select Administrator -> Infrastructure from the navigation menu.
- 2.Click Add.
- 3.Define the Infrastructure by completing the fields on the Add Infrastructure form.
- 4.Select Enable GKE to enable GKE for the Infrastructure.
- 5.Optionally, select Advanced Options to specify additional configurations (public and private subnets, for example).
- 6.Click Create. The Infrastructure is created and is listed on the Infrastructure page.
GCP Add Infrastructure page
Up to one instance (0 or 1) of a GKS, EKS/Native, or ECS is supported for each DuploCloud Infrastructure.
When you create the Infrastructure, DuploCloud creates the following components:
- VPC with 2 subnets (private, public) in each availability zone
- Required security groups
- NAT Gateway
- Internet Gateway
- Route tables
DuploCloud Plan Details for Infrastructure