Step 6: Create a Load Balancer
All containers are running inside a private network and cannot be accessed external to the network. To do so, one can create a load balancer. The key fields in the load balancer form are
- Type: Select Application Load Balancer.
- Container Port: This is the port on which the application running inside the container is running. In this quick start we used duplocloud/nodejs-hello:latest, Container Port for sample application is 3000.
- External Port: This is the port we want the users to access the application. We will choose 80 because we are going to apply a certificate to the LB
- Application Mode : Choose Docker
- Health Check : use / for this case because the sample app returns 200 OK at this path.
Go under Devops-->Containers --> EKS/Native and click on the service we are creating. Under that click on the Load balancer tab and configure the load balancer
In about 2-3 minutes you will see the load balancer DNS names.