Step 7: Enable additional options for the Load Balancer (optional)
Adding a security layer and enabling other options for your Load Balancer
This step is optional and not necessary to run the example application in this tutorial.
However, while it's not as important to secure a load balancer for a small web application in a tutorial, your production cloud apps require an elevated level of protection.
Estimated time to complete Step 7: 5 minutes.
Before securing a Load Balancer, verify that you accomplished the tasks in the previous tutorial steps. Using the DuploCloud Portal, confirm that:
In the Tenant list box, on the upper-left side of the DuploCloud Portal, select the dev01 Tenant that you created.
- 1.In the DuploCloud Portal, navigate to DevOps -> Containers -> EKS/Native. The Services page displays.
- 2.From the Name column, select the Service to which your Load Balancer is attached (demo-service).
- 3.Click the Load Balancers tab.
- 4.In the Other Settings card, click Edit. The Other Load Balancer Settings pane displays.Load Balancers tab on the Services page with Other Settings card
- 5.In the Web ACL list box, select None, because you are not connecting a Web Application Firewall.
- 6.For this tutorial, select only the Enable Access Logs and Drop Invalid Headers options.Other Load Balancer Settings pane
- 7.Accept the Idle Timeout default setting and click Save. The Other Settings card in the Load Balancers tab is updated with your selections.
Verify that the Other Settings card contains the selections you made above for:
- Web ACL -
- HTTP to HTTPS Redirect -
- Enable Access Logs -
- Drop Invalid Headers -
Load Balancers tab on the Services page with Other Settings card, including set options