Enable ECS logging
Enable ECS Elasticsearch logging for containers at the Tenant level
To generate logs for AWS ECS clusters, you must first create an Elasticsearch logging container. Once auditing is enabled, your container logging data can be captured for analysis.
- 1.In the DuploCloud Portal, navigate to Administrator -> Tenant. The Tenant page displays.
- 2.From the Name column, select the Tenant that is running the container for which you want to enable logging.
- 3.Click the Settings tab.
- 4.Click Add. The Add Tenant Feature pane displays.
- 5.From the Select Feature list box, select Other. The Configuration field displays.
- 6.In the Configuration field, enter enable_ecs_elasticsearch_logging.
- 7.In the field below the Configuration field, enter True.
- 8.Click Add. In the Settings tab, enable_ecs_elasticsearch_logging displays a Value of True.
Settings tab with enable_ecs_elasticsearch_logging displaying a Value of True
- 1.In the DuploCloud Portal, in the Tenant list box at the top left of the DuploCloud Portal, ensure that the Tenant for which you created a logging container is selected. In the example below, the selected Tenant is named dev01.
- 2.Navigate to Administrator -> Diagnostics -> Audit. The Audit page displays.
- 3.In the Deployment Status area, select both Create Audit Indices and Update default plan config. Completed displays to indicate that audit configuration is successful.
Audit tab with Deployment Status area
You can verify that ECS logging is enabled for a specific container.
- 1.In the DuploCloud Portal, navigate to DevOps -> Containers -> ECS.
- 2.In the Task Definitions tab, select the Task Definition Family Name in which your container is defined. The Task Definition Family Name detail page displays. In the example below the Task Definition Family Name is DUPLOSERVICES-UX-TEAM-BGTD1.The Task Definition Family Name detail page with Task Defintions tab
- 3.Click the Task Definitions tab.
- 4.Click the Task Definition Icon () to edit the Task Definition. The Edit Task Definition page displays your defined Containers.Task Definitions Icon (highligted) in Task Definitions tab
In the Container - 1 area, in the Container Other Config field, your
Container Other Config field in the Container - 1 area of the Task Definition editor