Enable EKS endpoints
Specify EKS endpoints for an Infrastructure
AWS SDKs and the AWS Command Line Interface (AWS CLI) automatically use the default public endpoint for each service in an AWS Region. However, when you create an Infrastructure in DuploCloud, you can specify a custom Private endpoint, a custom Public endpoint, or Both public and private custom endpoints. If you specify no endpoints, the default Public endpoint is used.
Modifying endpoints can incur an outage of up to thirty (30) minutes in your EKS cluster. Plan your update accordingly to minimize disruption for your users.
To access a private endpoint for an EKS Cluster using VPN, whitelist the VPN private IP address in the EKS Cluster Security Group.
- 1.Follow the steps in the section Creating an Infrastructure. Before clicking Create, specify EKS Endpoint Visibility.
- 2.From the EKS Endpoint Visibility list box, select Public, Private, or Both public and private.
- 3.Click Advanced Options.
- 4.Using the Private Subnet CIDR and Public Subnet CIDR fields, specify CIDRs for alternate public and private endpoints.
- 5.Click Create.
Infrastructure page with EKS Endpoint Visibility field and Advanced Options for specifying custom subnet CIDRs
To change the visibility for EKS endpoints you have already created:
- 1.In the DuploCloud Portal, navigate to Administrator -> Infrastructure. The Infrastructure page displays.
- 2.From the Name column, select the Infrastructure for which you want to modify EKS endpoints.
- 3.Click the Settings tab.
- 4.In the EKS Endpoint Visibility row, in the Actions column, click the () icon and select Update Setting. The Infra - Set Custom Data pane displays.
- 5.From the Setting Value list box, select the desired type of visibility for endpoints (private, public, or both).
- 6.Click Set.
Infra - Custom Data pane with Setting Value for EKS Endpoint Visibility