Accessing kubectl on your local computer
You can access
kubectlon a local computer to a Kubernetes cluster with
cluster-adminprivileges to download and run
• Obtaining JIT access, using the UI and CLI.
duplo-jit, using various tools.
• Getting credentials for AWS access interactively, or with an API token.
• Accessing the AWS Console.
- 1.In the DuploCloud Portal, navigate to Administrators -> Infrastructure.
- 2.In the Name column, select the Infrastructure in which you want to set up
- 3.Click the EKS (for AWS) tab, GKE (for GCP) tab, or the AKS (for Azure) tab.
- 4.Click Download Kube Config to download the
EKS tab with Download Kube Config button
If you don't have Administrator access, you can use
duplo-jitto access Kubernetes. When you click Download Kube Config, the Access to Kubernetes from your Workstation window displays, which provides you the alternative of installing
duplo-jitto access your Kubernetes cluster without obtaining permanent access keys.
Access to Kubernetes from your Workstation window with instructions and links for temporary access with duplo-jit
- For Linux or macOS:
export KUBECONFIG=/home/duplo/duploinfra-INFRASTRUCTURE_NAME.yaml # INFRASTRUCTURE_NAME is your DuploCloud Infrastructure name.
- For Windows:
setx KUBECONFIG "%USERPROFILE%\Downloads\duploinfra-INFRASTRUCTURE_NAME.yaml" # INFRASTRUCTURE_NAME is your DuploCloud Infrastructure name.